12.20.2011

Makeup Brushes

Some of you probably buy high-end make up  - or some might just grab whatever foundation looks like it might match your skin tone off the racks at the drug store. Whatever works for you is great - I've done both. No matter what the brand, your brushes should be up to par. I had heard nothing but amazing things about MAC brushes, but I'm just not willing to dish out $30+ a brush for a complete set. Not gonna happen, people. So I did my research and found that Sigma carried some high-quality brushes - for a decent price. So I asked for this set for Christmas last year. 


It has provided every type of brush I need! I have used them on a daily basis since last year and they are still in great condition. I do have a couple hairs on the larger brushes fall out every once in a while, but it's never a big deal. I love these babies and I'm wanting to try out some more of what Sigma has. 



I really want to try out their travel kits. A vegan or 18K gold would be nice. I'm also sharing these because (although it's late) I do think these would make great gifts for any female friend you have on your last-minute list. 


Aside from these travel kits, I'd also love to get my hands on the Extravaganza 29 Brush Complete Kit in 18K Gold  (ZOMGGG!!!!) and I'd also really like to see how their palettes stand up.

Anyway, I just really love these brushes for the quality and price and wanted to share! Do you use Sigma products? I do have certain favorite brushes if you're not looking to buy a whole kit - let me know if you'd like to hear about individual favorites!

7 comments:

palmandpineblog said...

Thanks for this post! I actually need to purchase some new brushes soon :) xo, tasha

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

love sigma brushes! my fave is the flat top kabuki ( i think its F80). xoxo

Shannon Olson said...

That is such a great idea to get or give brushes for Christmas, I wish I had thought about that earlier.

Jenni King said...

I've had and used Mac brushes for 10 years or so. But I never had face brushes for Mac, most of mine, aside from my blush brush, are for eye shadow. I just bought my first sigma brush over the weekend the F80 I believe it is (it hasn't come yet). I'm planning on using it to apply my tinted moisturizer. I'd love to hear what some of your favorites are from them and what you use them for. Always curious as I don't know a whole lot about brushes to be honest.

Kristin Wyly said...

this is fantastic. My sister asked for nice brushes but I had no CLUE where to start. You are my savior.

Cara-Mia said...

Wow I've never heard of these! They look great, and I'm glad to hear you give them a good review. I have a few MAC brushes that I love, but I need a good whole set.

Terri said...

I use Sasha Kashuk brushes from Target, and I love them.