3.18.2011

Love List

   

This weather. It's incredible and I'm so happy it's sticking around for the weekend. It reminds me of spring in the mountains. When spring really began to set in last year, my friends and I would often forgo studying and working on our master's projects to take in the sun at the local park about a mile from our apartment. It was too gorgeous not to. It was a perfect piece of flat land surrounded by mountains, a large stream, and a farm. The sky was always blue, the grass always green, and the air always clean. 


Skype. It took several months, but I finally got my parents to purchase a webcam. I haven't seen my parents since Christmas and won't be seeing them until the end of April. That's just too long. So we chat with them a few times every week and it's wonderful. Almost as nice as actually being home. Chloe (their boxer) is so curious about who they are talking with inside of the computer. It's adorable how she tilts her head tying to figure it out.


Maeby our little poser. She's adorable. Sometimes I glance over at her taking a nap or pouting because we don't want to play and she musters up the best poses. Ever. It's as if she's saying, "Look Mom, I can pose too. Put me on your blog." She's a ham and I love her to death.



The blogging community's support for Japan. What's happened in Japan is devastating. Today is Blogger's Day of Silence for Japan - it's amazing and heartwarming to see so many participate  to show their support. I love it. Rumi stated in her personal account of the tragedy {read it} that in the midst of earthquake she had feeling that were "equal parts heartbreaking and terrifying." To me, hat line says everything. We must continue to pray and support the people and country of Japan.

24 comments:

Kari said...

That is a GREAT picture of your dog! wow!

Jamie Walker said...

The picture of your adorable dog is great! But the arms look a little too human like haha.

Jamie Walker said...

I guess I meant "legs" instead of "arms". Ha!

Corinne said...

Skype is AMAZING!! I use it with my family weekly as well and I know it's sometimes the only way I get through those crappy weeks!
So happy your parents joined!

Hayley said...

Your dog makes me laugh! It is throwing the most sassy pose in that photo!!!

Love it!

Hayley
http://theweekendfile.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Maeby's a supermodel in the making! Love that photo - too cute.

Anonymous said...

Aww I know how parents can be "afraid" of technology, so glad you can skype with them often, know you won't miss them so much, both pups are adorable but Maeby totally rocks the pose, hope you have a wonderful sunny weekend!

<3 Cess O.
http://blog.cessoviedo.com

Kileen said...

Maeby is seriously the cutest thing ever. and i love the picture of you hula hooping in the sun. just what a nice spring day should be like. enjoy your weekend!

cute & little

Jen said...

Hey girl! Found your blog from Collette's twitter Tuesday feature! Your style really caught my eye and I had to come visit... and I'm now your newest fan :) Lovely & heartwarming post (GREAT photo of your pup!) and I hope you have a great weekend!

Jen

Stacey Kay said...

Cute post, thanks for sharing these pictures! Your little doggie awwww!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.GoodwillHuntingg.com {Promotional Video}
Cleveland Free Press: Goodwill Huntingg Shopping Guides
Blogger Spotlight: Pearls and Personality
My Vintage Handbag Line

Gertrude said...

Loved this post!! And the picture of Chloe is amazing! xo

Anik Milk said...

Maeby is so adorable!! I'm jealous of the weather!

Sweet Pea said...

Hehe. The dog is soo cute. Our dogs love the camera too. They always try to get in my pictures :)

Brooke T said...

oh my gosh this is so cute! I love the one with the hula hoop!

Liz said...

Cutest pup ever! And I am so proud to be part of this blogging community! Together we've raised over $50,000 for Japan. That's so powerful. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Morgan said...

your dog is PRECIOUS! Love that picture!

mk said...

oh my heavens if that pup ever needs a new home, drop me a line. LOVE HER.

monique
www.yogaandpencilskirts.blogspot.com

Fash Boulevard said...

i loooooove this. Check out what Brad, Rachel Zoe's former associate shared with me and find out my latest trend report.

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

And don't forget to follow us on Twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news, from an LA stylist.

http://twitter.com/FashBoulevard

GoodFrameofMind said...

Oh, I could just squeeeeze that adorable puppy!!

Anonymous said...

Saturday was gorgeous here, too! We took the dogs on a walk and they romped around in a huge field. BTW--what a gorgeous picture of the pup!

Melanie@Unravelled Threads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

aubreebschmitt said...

Just found your blog, love it!

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

oh my goodness, that picture of your Boxer is sooo cute. That could go on a calendar! I love Boxers, that's what we've always had :-)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I love this little look into your lovely life, Linley! (wow, that was a lot of "L's" in one sentence!)

The skype-ing with the folks is my face...they are too cute. :)

Ana O' said...

Sooo cute, both dogs rock but Maeby's pose is... I'm lost for words!

Video chatting used to confuse my parents' dog too, he would go around the pc to see where the voices were coming from. Too funny! ;)